There are a lot of ways to help improve your health and overall wellness. But why not go with a streamlined solution that packs a nutritious punch?
Meet the Myers’ Cocktail. It’s a vitamin and nutrient supplement that treats a variety of ailments and increases energy, delivered straight into your body intravenously through an IV.
Whether you’re looking for relief from a chronic illness, want to boost your athletic performance, or just want to improve your overall wellness, the Myers’ Cocktail has been shown to help.
How is the Myers’ Cocktail Given?
Patients receive the Myers’ Cocktail infusion slowly over the course of 20 to 30 minutes via a small catheter that is inserted into a vein. The cocktail is usually given 1-2 times per week, with benefits often felt by the fourth visit.
Many patients with chronic conditions choose to continue the infusions, and could get them as often as every 1-4 weeks, or when they feel their energy slipping.
Who Does the Myers’ Cocktail Help?
The Myers’ Cocktail is frequently used to help improve athletic performance. It’s also helped treat thousands of patients who suffer from:
- Acute asthma attacks
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Leaky gut
- Acute muscle spasm
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Chronic sinusitis
- Seasonal allergies
- Cardiovascular disease and more
What are the Health Impacts?
Many relatively healthy patients choose to receive periodic Myers’ Cocktail infusions because it enhances their overall wellbeing, helps reduce stress, improves their mood and can boost the immune system. Some patients feel an energy boost that lasts from days to even weeks.
Patients with conditions such as fibromyalgia may feel a decrease in pain. In sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis, the infusion can help get necessary nutrients into the cells, bypassing leaky nature of the gut.
Sufferers of chronic asthma and other lung disease, congestive heart failure, and chronic allergic problems may find that they have more energy and fewer symptoms.
What is in the Myers’ Cocktail?
Created more than 30 years ago and named for its creator Dr. John Myers, the Myers’ Cocktail is a potent wellness solution containing a combination of:
- B Vitamins – These vitamins help create energy and decrease fatigue converting carbohydrates to glucose. They also aid in making new cells and breaking down fatty and amino acids.
- Vitamin C – This vitamin helps prevent infections and promotes healthy immune function. Vitamin C’s antioxidant properties also reduce inflammation and irritation in cell tissue caused by free radicals, and protects them damage the free radicals can cause. Vitamin C can shorten the duration of viruses and infections. It also helps the body build collagen in the skin.
- Magnesium – Magnesium is a key ingredient because of its ability to help maintain muscle and nerve function. It supports immune system health, regulates heartbeat and aids in bone strength. Additionally, Magnesium calms muscle spasms, reduces migraine and headache frequency, and improves sleep patterns.
- Calcium – This vitamin supports skeletal structure and function. It also plays key roles in cell signaling, blood clotting, muscle contraction, nerve function and increasing cellular absorption.
Why an IV?
Sure, you can take some these supplements orally, but you may not reap all the benefits.
Many illnesses and conditions are associated with digestive issues like bloating, indigestion and food sensitivities. Patients who suffer these conditions may not be able to absorb many of the nutrients they need to improve their health. When nutrients are given intravenously, the digestion is bypassed.
Diseases and inflammation can cause the body to use nutrients at a faster rate and in larger quantities, so delivery of these vitamins via an IV can increase their benefits and improve cell absorption.
Let’s Get Healthy
If any of the conditions or ailments mentioned are a part of your daily life, consider taking a step toward improved health with the Myers’ Cocktail.
At Duke City Health, our Albuquerque healthcare providers are specialists in wellness therapies. We’ll go over the benefits of how this IV treatment can help you and develop a care plan to get you on the path to increased wellbeing.