It’s that time of year. Between decking the halls, holiday travel and ringing in the New Year, you’re sure to have been exposed to a sniffle or two. And if the little ones are at school or daycare, your risk of catching an unwelcome visitor in the form of the flu increases.
But don’t fret – there are some steps you can take to prepare you for the germy battle ahead.
At Duke City Health, we help our patients get through the cold season by arming them with the medical advice and treatment to help boost their immune system and avoid catching the flu.
IV Therapy – The Myers’ Cocktail Can Help Boost Your Immune System
Have you heard of the Myers’ Cocktail? It’s IV therapy that works by sending a mixture of essential vitamins and minerals straight into the bloodstream. For people who suffer from chronic conditions that impact their body’s ability to absorb nutrients via oral supplementation, this method of vitamin delivery can be extremely beneficial.
IV therapy is also helpful for treating and preventing illnesses because, in addition to essential vitamins and antioxidants, it provides hydration
The Myers’ Cocktail can help give your body the immune boost it needs during the cold and flu season and can be especially helpful for those with people with increased risk of exposure to illnesses, such as frequent travelers, parents with school-aged children and healthcare workers.
Supplements to Boost Your Immune System
At Duke City Health, our patients are big fans of the various supplements we sell that help improve their overall wellness and ease chronic conditions.
Your body needs extra vitamins and nutrients to fight off your illness, so consider supplements to help your immune system gain strength.
CJC 1295/Ipamorelin, ProbioMax® Daily DF, B Activ® and Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) are just a few of the supplements we offer that can help boost your immune system, and help you ward off the flu.
Other Simple Steps to Prevent Catching the Flu
In addition to IV therapy and vitamin supplements, there are a few easy steps you can take to help you avoid catching the flu.
- Flu Shot – This is a no-brainer. When done once a year, this shot can significantly reduce your chances of catching the flu, and passing it on to others.
- Stay hydrated – Drink lots of water and avoid overindulging in alcohol.
- Watch your sugar intake. Everything in moderation!
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face, especially if you’ve been in public.
- Stock up on hand sanitizer and keep a travel-size bottle with you.
- Wipe down grocery carts handles with sanitizer wipes if available.
- Clean germy spots such as phones, computers and TV remotes.
- Steer clear of people who are sick.
- And tell sick people to steer clear of you. This includes encouraging your coworkers to stay home if they are sick.
- Rest up – Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Exercise – Working out helps your circulation, allowing antibodies to efficiently travel throughout your body, and also helps slow the release of stress hormones.
Stay Well This Flu Season
At Duke City Health, we know that you want to do everything you can to avoid catching the dreaded flu this season. Our healthcare professionals can create a personalized plan tailored to your health needs that can boost your immune system and help improve your overall wellness.
Contact us today.